The Essl Collection

Albertina

Till 06.03.21

Albertina

Albertina

©

Federal Minister Gernot Blümel, Prof. Karlheinz Essl, and General Director Klaus Albrecht Schröder announced today that the Essl Collection, which numbers 1,323 artworks (with a total of 2,134 individual objects), has been donated to the ALBERTINA Museum. This generous donation enables the ALBERTINA Museum to reinforce its profile in terms of contemporary art, for which purpose it will be opening its second location in the center of Vienna one year from now.

Karlsplatz 5, 1010 Wien, Austria